Welcome fellow Grow Your Blog Blog Hoppers and anyone else that has stopped by today. Thank you Kristy of Runaway Bridal Plannerfor putting this all together. It’s been fun reading the other posts and getting to “meet” new blogging friends. I’ve been a subscriber to Runaway Bridal Planner for a while and appreciate all the blogging tips.
Even though I’ve had all this time and other posts to read, I still couldn’t figure out how to write my spotlight page. I do love blogging about what I love blogging about ….running a healthy lifestyle but for some reason, this one stumped me.
I thought I’d just go with the 10 facts list. So, here goes………
1. RUNNIN’ ROCKER: I guess my name is sort of self explanatory. I am a runner who is obsessed with hard rock music. I would go to a concert every weekend if my husband were up for it. My favorite radio station is Sirius XM Octane. My favorite bands live are the same bands I listen to when I run. My new favorite vacation is ShipRocked which is a rock cruise. 30 bands. Non stop concerts. 5 day cruise out of Miami. Excited just thinking about it! I swear though, I also make sure to get in plenty of running!
2. FOCUS…WHAT?: I have a totally short attention span. I went from writing the above paragraph to reading about the upcoming cruise. Jan 2106 we are ShipRocking to Costa Maya! No wonder it takes me forever to finish a post.
3. FAMILY: My running partner is the love of my life, my husband. We didn’t really start running until we became empty nesters. Been married 32 years and have two daughters, two son-in-laws, two grandchildren and one more on the way. Life is good.
4. MAKING A LIVING: We have been in the real estate/mortgage industry for forever. We are both real estate/mortgage brokers and have always run our own business. My favorite part is providing the financing in the r.e. transaction. I really enjoy the actual processing of the loan, which to many seems like the most boring part. I love working with the numbers and matching borrowers with the perfect loan scenario to fit their needs. OK, that does sound kind of boring but has offered me the freedom to work my own hours and either from my office or from home.
5. LATE START: I didn’t run my first half marathon until I was 47 and have run 35+ since then. My first one was a 2:03 and my PR is 1:55 so I haven’t really gotten much faster but I’m finally learning to enjoy more and stress less.
6. WORKING OUT BACK IN THE DAY: Working out in the late 80’s, early 90’s (after my daughters were born) was all about Jane Fonda videos for me. I probably still have them. Even farther back, my mom used to workout with Jack LaLanne and he will always be my total fitness hero.
7. SOCIAL MEDIA FAM: I only decided to get on social media once I started running races. My first was Twitter, Feb 2014. I used it as a way to connect with other runners and talk about races. Now, I love to share everything with my online FitFam. It’s also been fun meeting many of them at race tweet-ups and such.
8. BLOGGETY BLOG BLOG: I started blogging when I found I had more to say than could be done in 140 characters and have been blogging for about a year and a half now. I have made many connections and learned much from the #SweatPink family. I did attend the last two BlogFests with them. What a blast! Idea World Fitness PLUS Blog school. The perfect combo for any fitness blogger.
9. NEW RUNNING GOAL: After spending a weekend at the Team RWB Trail Running Camp 3 weeks ago, I have fallen in love with the trails. I want to be an endurance trail runner sometime in the near future.
10. SOCAL FOR LIFE: I have lived in SoCal my entire life. I love to travel but have yet to find a place I’d rather live. For me, it’s all about the weather and the fact that my family is here. I go stir crazy if I am indoors for too long. Trust me, no one wants to see a stir crazy Runnin’ Rocker.
Thank you for taking the time to get to know me a little better. I hope you come back again. I have really enjoyed all of the sites I have been visiting and look forward to learning all the tips and tricks I can from you guys. This blogging community is just filled with so much positivity. Most mornings, I just can’t wait to get to my computer and see what everyone’s writing about.
Jack LaLanne’s mission, until the day he passed, was simply this: To Help People Help Themselves. That’s what I’d love to accomplish with my blog and social media interactions. There’s just so much life to be lived and there’s no age when it’s too late to start moving in a positive direction. Anyone can start today with one small lifestyle tweak at a time. Before they know it, they’re on the path to living life to it’s fullest which is what it’s all about!