What’s in Your Bag?
Favorite On-The-Go Snacks
I am not sure if it’s because I run a lot, I have a huge appetite, or both but I am ALWAYS hungry. I am also always on the go. I really dislike being hungry so much that it seems I am always thinking about food. I always try to eat healthy foods that will fuel and nourish me as opposed to empty calories. It’s hard to be out and about with an empty stomach but surrounded by not-so-hot food choices. Because of this, I’ve become quite the planner. Here are some of the ways I try to plan ahead so that I will make the best choices possible:
Almost very night before I go to bed, I put together overnight oatmeal for me and my husband. I almost wake up disappointed in the morning if I have not done this. I guess you can say that I am pretty addicted to having my breakfast ready the minute I wake up. That and coffee and I am good to go!
Time for a run or trip to the gym. When I return, I have a kale/spinach/fruit/protein smoothie. Then I take a shower.
Before I leave the house, I eat one more meal-at-home. I usually cook us some kind of egg burrito on whole wheat tortilla or egg sandwich on whole grain English muffin.
Now, I’m ready to hit the road!
Here are my favorite on-the-go snacks
1. SUNRYPE – 100% Fruit Bars and 100% Fruit and Veggie Bars
YES, as a Brand Ambassador I am sort of partial but only because I believe in SunRype and their products!
2. PURE PROTEIN BAR – high protein – low sugar
3. CASHEWS- I try to stick to 1/4 cup at a time but sometimes it’s hard! They are just so good!
4. BANANA – We can’t keep enough bananas in our house!
That about covers what I currently put in my bag as I run out the door. These snacks help me get through the day until I make it home for dinner.
If I am able to stay home all day,
Here are a few of my favorite at-home snacks
1. YOGURT – I either eat non-fat, plain, Greek yogurt (I add honey and fruit) OR my new obsession introduced to me at BlogFest with Sweat Pink…..siggi’s!
Today, I am actually snacking on Lime-Coconut Muffins that I made with siggi’s coconut yogurt. I will be posting a recipe and giveaway next week. Just take a look at the inside of these babies! They are THAT good!
2. BANANA WITH ALMOND BUTTER – I had been making my own home-made almond butter but I started worrying that I was burning out my Vitamix and THAT would be terrible! Now, I am back to buying it…lots of it!
3. WHOLE WHEAT QUESADILLA – I usually use a lot of taco sauce and a little cheese and if I have it, avocado.
4. GREEK SALAD – I love making this Greek Salad recipe I found on allrecipes.com because it is simple, healthy, and I always have these ingredients on hand. Here’s the recipe: Good for You Greek Salad
What are your favorite on-the-go snacks?
What are your favorite at-home snacks?